Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0730 AM
Mountain: 0830 AM
Central: 0930 AM
Eastern: 1030 AM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
There is no cost to attend this training.
The course is designed to increase the student’s knowledge and awareness of Mexican Cartel influence and their trafficking activities. Students learn the history of cartels in a past-to-present manner. Students gain a better understanding of how and where cartels operate and whom they partner with to carry out illicit activities. In addition, the course details the culture surrounding cartels and their associates to include music and spiritual influences.
- History of cartels
- Current cartels
- Territory of Cartels
- Associated criminal elements (gangs) in Central and North America
- Political influence of cartels
- Criminal enterprises of cartelscartels
- Naloxone/Narcan employment
- Narcocorridos (Music of the Cartels)
- Patron Saints
- Brujas (Witches) and Curanderos (Healers)
- Spiritual and religious influences
Mexican Cartels and Culture is a 2.5 day (20 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.