Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0730 AM
Mountain: 0830 AM
Central: 0930 AM
Eastern: 1030 AM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
This course is restricted to US military, law enforcement personnel, and emergency responders.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
This course is designed to introduce law enforcement officers to the chemistry of domestic micro drug labs in order to better understand the processes and the hazards associated with these labs. This course shall cover safety practices, including the use of various engineering, administrative and personal protective equipment (PPE) hazard controls, to protect law enforcement who handle, sample and dismantle these drug labs.
- History and national trends of BHO, Fentanyl, and One-Pot meth labs
- Drug Trafficking Organization involvement in micro labs
- Techniques of manufacturing
- Environmental hazards of manufacturing processes
- Variations of the different micro labs
- Chemistry of each process
- Assessment and dismantling procedures
- Safety procedures
- Sample and waste packaging and transportation
- Live demonstration of drug production for one of the following: One-Pot meth, BHO, or Fentanyl
Micro Labs: Fentanyl, One Pot, BHO & Synthetic Hazards and Handling is a three day (24 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.