Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0700 AM
Mountain: 0800 AM
Central: 0900 AM
Eastern: 1000 AM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
Registration for this course is open to all military, law enforcement, prevention, treatment, education, and healthcare personnel and professionals.
Science Based Drug Education (SBDE) provides substance abuse prevention specialists, substance abuse treatment personnel, School Resource Officers, School Resource Deputies, Community Trainers and National Guard Drug Demand Reduction personnel with an anti-drug abuse curriculum based on scientific research. SBDE is a research-based presentation on various drugs and their effect on the human body and behavior. It also documents some of the social issues that the drugs create and involve. SBDE helps to alert communities to warning signs and drug trends.
Anti-drug abuse education is critical for organizations, schools, and communities to be proactive against illicit drugs. SBDE is ideal for military and law enforcement personnel who are building both internal drug prevention training as well as interacting with external organizations and communities. This class is also ideal for professionals of any type of organization dealing with youth between 10-17 years of age. The SBDE curriculum provides attendees with tools to build their own presentation to fit their presentation style.
In order to graduate, students will be required to give a five minute presentation over one of the course topics.
- Drug categories
- Gateway theory
- Basic brain process
- How drugs affect the brain
- Drug recognition