Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Clandestine Laboratory Site Safety Officer
Wednesday, April 12 - Friday, April 14, 2023
9:30 AM CST
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0730 AM
Mountain: 0830 AM
Central: 0930 AM
Eastern: 1030 AM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
This course is restricted to US military law enforcement personnel along with other local, state, and federal civilian law enforcement employees to include criminal analysts, and corrections officers.
There is no cost to attend this training.
The production and trafficking of illicit narcotics within the US is one of the greatest domestic threats to National Security. Clandestine labs that are used to manufacture methamphetamine, cocaine, crack, and synthetic drugs often times contain precursor chemicals that have entered the country by narco-terrorism actors. Clandestine laboratories produce evidence for production and trafficking crimes, but they also pose a significant danger to the officers investigating them. This class prepares officers to serve as the OSHA required site safety officer at the scene of clandestine labs. This is an advanced course that covers other clan labs not covered in the Basic Clandestine Lab Safety course, including conversion labs for the liquid methamphetamine smuggled into the United States by the Mexican drug cartels.
Students work hands on with clandestine laboratory specific safety equipment to learn how to maintain and calibrate it. The class ends with students developing a site specific safety plan when given a scenario which requires students to make safety decisions based on OSHA protocol.
-National, state and local policy and trends update
-Chemical and physical hazards
-Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and respiratory protection
-Heroin and Fentanyl labs
-Maintenance of PPE
-Synthetics identification (practical exercise)
-Train-the-Trainer for Lab Recertification and Fit Testing
Clandestine Laboratory Site Safety is a 3 day (24 hour) course.
A certificate of completion from a Clandestine Laboratory Safety certification is required to attend this course.