Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Highway Drug Investigations for Patrol
Monday, May 15 - Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Course Start: 9:30 AM CT
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0730 AM
Mountain: 0830 AM
Central: 0930 AM
Eastern: 1030 AM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
This course is restricted to US military law enforcement personnel along with other local, state, and federal civilian law enforcement employees to include criminal analysts, and corrections officers.
There is no cost to attend this course.
The primary purposes of Highway Drug Investigations are to detect, interdict, and disrupt the continual flow of illicit drugs on the nation’s highways. It is where the struggle for superiority of the nation’s highways takes place; a contest between uniformed police officers and the most prolific and dangerous illicit drug traffickers in the world (i.e., Transnational Drug Trafficking Organizations). Emphasis is placed on Mexican drug trafficking organizations, the smuggling routes, transportation corridors, and distribution networks in the United States. Confronting the threat to national security, highway drug interdiction operatives stand as the vanguard in the nation’s second line of defense against those who would export illicit activity, lawlessness, violence, and corruption into the country.
Moreover, comprehensive post-interdiction investigative methods and techniques are emphasized in order to further identify and debilitate ongoing illicit drug-trafficking schemes that have a nexus to highway drug interdiction stops (e.g., conspiracy investigations, government controlled deliveries of contraband, and other investigative methodologies designed to advance a criminal investigation).
-Modus operandi of drug trafficking organizations
-Detection of drug-laden vehicles
-Vehicular contraband concealment
-Gathering of strategic drug intelligence
-Bulk currency seizures and investigations
-Effective strategies designed to disrupt the use of the nation’s highway as a delivery/profit gaining system for illicit drugs and weapons
Highway Drug Investigations is a 3 Day (24 Hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend Highway Drug Investigations.