Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0730 AM
Mountain: 0830 AM
Central: 0930 AM
Eastern: 1030 AM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
This course is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
There is no cost to attend this course.
The rapid recognition and detection of traps, compartments, and secret hiding places used to conceal and transport illicit commodities to include small arms, explosives, illicitly-gained and laundered money, narcotics and chemicals used to manufacture narcotics will result in a benefit to DOD or law enforcement missions to disrupt Transnational
The primary objective of the course is to give the attending DOD Personnel, Law Enforcement Officers, or Military personnel the ability to rapidly conduct a complete systematic search of any moving conveyance and determine if it is being used to conceal and transport illicit commodities.
The course is designed to have a deliberate and direct impact on trafficking organizations abilities to move large shipments of contraband concealed in vehicles in the Western Hemisphere as well as anywhere U.S. interests are assigned. With the proper training of personnel this course will have a direct impact and reduce the quantity of illicit drugs entering the United States from Mexico - Central America, and Canada. By having a direct impact on the trafficking organizations ability to move contraband, the course will disrupt/disable trafficking organizations by a coordinated approach to limit their access to funding, reduce their assets and ultimately raise their costs of doing business.
The course instruction is delivered through a comprehensive presentation by subject matter experts who have many years of experience in practical application of well refined techniques and tactics that have proven to be most effective when searching conveyances believed to be laden with hidden illicit commodities from bulk shipments to individual narcotics. The instruction of the course is enhanced with the use of visual media in video and photographic formats that allow the audience to see real case studies of actual detections that reinforce the learning process and provide a platform for discussion. These examples were mainly derived from actual illicit commodity interceptions by the subject matter experts thus providing firsthand knowledge of the events. The audience will receive instruction on how to detect and defeat electronically operated traps. There will be discussion and presentation of media depicting real case examples of counter-measures that are being applied to thwart governmental efforts by defeating X-ray equipment, density detection devices, fiber scopes, as well as K-9.
Attendance of this course would also be beneficial as knowledge base for those assigned to intelligence, investigations, or case analytical duties where incoming information about specific hiding locations being used by criminal organizations will be understood and can be relayed to field personnel to effectuate interception of illicit commodity laden conveyances.
- Drive-train components - Includes the running engine, transmission, axles and drive shafts
- Floor and roof compartments
- Wall compartments - Includes engine bay firewall
- Rocker panels
- Fuel tanks
- Other components – Battery, radiator, fluid containers
Advanced Vehicle Contraband Concealment is a 2-day (16 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.