Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0700 AM
Mountain: 0800 AM
Central: 0900 AM
Eastern: 1000 AM
Please check into the ZOOM classroom at least 1 half hour before the course start time
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device with a webcam and microphone
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
3. Valid phone number incase of technical difficulties
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
According to the FBI’s National Gang Intelligence Center, Gangs are the primary distributors of illicit drugs and are responsible for the majority of crime in jurisdictions across the United States. Gangs are supplied with drugs by transnational criminal organizations (TCO) such as drug cartels and terrorist organizations. They work closely with TCO’s by trafficking and selling drugs, murder, kidnapping, extortion, terrorist operations, narcotics and terrorist financing, human trafficking and other activities that threaten national security. Street gangs, prison gangs, and organized criminal organizations work hand in hand with TCO to achieve their own goals as well as the goals of the TCO. TCO include groups such as Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah and other nefarious non-state actors. Gangs and their many partners pose a significant threat to the citizens of the U.S., as well as national security interests in the Western hemisphere (Mexico, Central America, Colombia and Peru). Profiteering for terrorists directly threatens U.S. troops in the Middle East.
This unique gang training class exposes a variety of gang issues and their connections to terrorism as well as the financing of terrorist operations that significantly contribute to the insurgency and corruption of Afghanistan and Iraq. This class will illustrate the street level gang members and their terrorist and transnational organized crime partnerships. In turn, students who attend this class will be able to impact upon the influence of TCO and trafficking networks within the U.S. This includes layered, coordinated approaches that disrupt the operations of TCOs, limit their access to funding, reduce their assets, and raise their costs of doing business. This class will increase intergovernmental cooperation to build capacity of agencies to counter the narcotics threats and enhance or develop cooperative mechanisms with law enforcement agencies. It will maximize both the impact and efficiency of DoD contributions to combating drug trafficking and TCO that pose a national security threat.
- The partnerships between gangs and Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCO)
- Gangs as a financial threat to US security
- Gangs supporting drug cartels and terrorists
- Deciphering gang graffiti
- Gangs and Officer Safety
Criminal Street Gangs is a 3 day (24 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.