Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates
Thursday, September 9, 2021
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Montezuma County Sheriff's Office
Directions: 730 E Driscoll Street, Cortez, CO 81321
Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
There is no cost to attend this training.
The MCTC Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates course will increase the student’s ability and skills to correctly - and successfully through safety protocols - identify, detect and seize synthetic opiates.
- Overview of the history of opiates and synthetic opiates
- Synthetic opiate recognition and variances (types)
- Officer and public safety concerns
- Opiate user recognition
- Synthetic opiate paraphernalia and lab recognition
- Regulatory handling requirements for synthetic opiates
- Naloxone/Narcan employment
Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates is a 1 Day (8 Hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates.