Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0700 AM
Mountain: 0800 AM
Central: 0900 AM
Eastern: 1000 AM
Please check into the ZOOM classroom at least 1 half hour before the course start time
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device with a webcam and microphone
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
3. Valid phone number incase of technical difficulties
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
**This course is formerly known as Financial Investigative Techniques**
Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
This course is aimed at the state local and federal criminal investigator/prosecutor and their support staff who specialize in narcotics investigations and have no formal training in financial investigations. It stresses the elements of the various financial crimes that stem from the laundering and accumulation of profits from the illegal narcotics industry. The theme of this class will be that these techniques can be employed to disrupt and dismantle drug organizations by shutting down their money supply. The techniques taught in this class stress the need to work parallel to normal investigative techniques and should be used to supplement all drug/narcoterrorism criminal investigation/prosecution.
The interactive exercise involves a specific case scenario (with a dozen video scenes) that will allow the audience to apply the techniques of financial interviewing, identifying sources of financial information, financial profiles, and utilizing indirect methods of proving profitability in illegal enterprises. This can lead to the utilization of financial undercover operations, financial search warrants, and conducting money-laundering investigations.
Upon completion of this course attendees will be able to determine how the presence of money laundering and currency violations can assist them in having a real impact on their narcotics investigations by shutting down these operations. Both narcotics organizations and narcoterrorism organizations can be identified and dismantled by seizing their assets and disrupting the flow of monies to the controlling parties both domestically and internationally.
- Gathering admissible evidence of narcotics crimes
- Financial interviewing
- Assembling financial profiles
- Financially based undercover operations
- Prosecution and asset forfeiture
- Identifying front businesses and operations
- Identifying deceptive practices
- Sources of financial information
Narcotics-Related Financial Investigations is a 3 Day (24 Hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.