Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
This course is restricted to US military, law enforcement personnel, and emergency responders.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
The production and trafficking of illicit narcotics within the US is one of the greatest domestic threats to National Security. Clandestine labs that are used to manufacture methamphetamine, cocaine, crack, and synthetic drugs often times contain precursor chemicals that have entered the country by narco-terrorism actors. Clandestine laboratories produce evidence for production and trafficking crimes, but they also pose a significant danger to the officers investigating them. This is a 40-hour course that meets OSHA requirements for certification of investigators to enter and dismantle clandestine laboratories. This course introduces students to the dangerous nuances of clandestine laboratories so that they can be investigated safely and thoroughly.
- Introduction to clandestine narcotics production labs
- Clan lab methods (meth, MDMA, GHB, cocaine conversions)
- Chemical and physical hazards
- Container characterization (exercise)
- Air monitoring
- Combustible gas indicator (exercise)
- Color indicating tubes (exercise)
- Chemical protective clothing and respiratory protection
- SCBA donning (exercise)
- APR fit test (exercise)
- Site control/decontamination (exercise)
- Hazard assessment and investigative techniques
- Entry/assessment/processing/decon (exercise)
- Lab assessment
- Trends and ties to transnational criminal organizations
Clandestine Laboratory Safety Certification is a 5 day (40 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to take Clandestine Laboratory Safety Certification.
A medical form is required to be turned in before the class begins. You can download the form here.