Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0900 AM
Mountain: 1000 AM
Central: 1100 AM
Eastern: 1200 PM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
Attendance is restricted to US military personnel in investigative assignments and sworn civilian law enforcement personnel.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
The purpose of integrated drug and contraband interdiction operations is to target criminal organizations, groups, or gangs who transit illegal drugs throughout the United States by way of legitimate commercial transportation enterprises. The course deals with investigative methodologies that involve the detection and interdiction of illicit drugs and other contraband items (e.g., weapons, bulk currency, etc.) that flow through the nation’s transportation hubs (e.g., airports, commercial trains and buses, commercial parcel/package and freight shipping companies). Moreover, drug and contraband interdiction investigations are designed to disrupt and curtail illicit activities at hotels/motels, self-service storage facilities, and rental vehicle companies. Any activities that are directly related to illegal drug distribution and/or other contraband transactions that are reasonably deemed a threat to public safety and to the health of concerned citizens are targeted for further investigation.
The course also addresses investigation techniques specific to self-storage businesses, the storage of dangerous items, which includes items that terrorists may store in preparation for attacks on U.S. soil are comprehensively addressed (e.g., quantities of fuel, agricultural or industrial chemicals, explosives, blasting caps or fuses, weapons or ammunition, flight manuals, truck driving school manuals, or other similar materials).
- Recognizing and monitoring suspicious activities at businesses such as hotels/motels, self-service storage facilities, and rental vehicle companies
- Exploiting the vulnerabilities of offenders
Establishing and maintaining effective liaison with civilian counterparts (owners/managers)
- Conducting operations and investigative activities that are specifically designed to degrade the abilities of organized crime factions to pervert legitimate transportation businesses or exploit other businesses for profit or advantage
Integrated Drug and Contraband Interdiction is a 3 day (20 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.