Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates
Thursday, January 20, 2022
Course Start: 9:30 AM CT
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0730 AM
Mountain: 0830 AM
Central: 0930 AM
Eastern: 1030 AM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
There is no cost to attend this training.
This course increases the student’s knowledge and awareness of synthetic opiates in order to correctly and safely identify, detect and seize synthetic opiates (including fentanyl).
- Overview of the history of opiates and synthetic opiates
- Synthetic opiate recognition and variances (types)
- Officer and public safety concerns
- Opiate user recognition
- Synthetic opiate paraphernalia and lab recognition
- Regulatory handling requirements for synthetic opiates
- Naloxone/Narcan employment
Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates is a 1 Day (8 Hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates.