Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0730 AM
Mountain: 0830 AM
Central: 0930 AM
Eastern: 1030 AM
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device: Macbook, PC, Desktop, Chromebook, or Mobile Device
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
Registration is restricted to US military, sworn law enforcement, and jail/corrections personnel employed by local, tribal, state, and federal government agencies. This course is NOT open to employees of privately-owned jail or correctional facilities.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
This unique gang training illustrates the activities of incarcerated criminal street gang members and their terrorist and transnational organized crime partnerships. This course In turn, students who attend this class will be able to impact upon the influence of TCO and trafficking networks within the U.S. This includes layered, coordinated approaches that disrupt the operations of TCOs, limit their access to funding, reduce their assets, and raise their costs of doing business. This class will increase intergovernmental cooperation to build capacity of agencies to counter the narcotics threats and enhance or develop cooperative mechanisms with law enforcement agencies. It will maximize both the impact and efficiency of DoD contributions to combating drug trafficking and TCO that pose a national security threat.
- Overview of gangs operating inside US correctional systems
- Identification of incarcerated gang members
- Deciphering gang graffiti and tattoos
- Deciphering encoded gang messages and communications
- Gangs and Safety of Correctional Staff
- The partnerships between gangs and Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCO)
- Gangs as a financial threat to US security
- Gangs supporting drug cartels and terrorists
Criminal Street Gangs for Correctional Staff is a 3 day (24 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.