Apply for Distance Learning Course
If your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Course Start Times are listed below for each Time Zone:
Pacific: 0700 AM
Mountain: 0800 AM
Central: 0900 AM
Eastern: 1000 AM
Please check into the ZOOM classroom at least 1 half hour before the course start time
MCTC Distance Learning Requirements
1. An internet enabled device with a webcam and microphone
2. A valid physical (no P.O. boxes) mailing address to ship course materials
3. Valid phone number incase of technical difficulties
Additional Notes about MCTC Distance Learning Courses
1. All personal identifying information will be deleted after course completion
2. Due to the sensitive information in the course, all registrations will be labeled "APPLY FOR TRAINING" until positive identification can be confirmed
3. Please attach a copy of your department issued photo ID in the registration form
4. Once identification is confirmed, a confirmation email will verify your placement in the course
5. Physical course materials and Distance Learning information will be sent out prior to the start of the course
Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
There is no cost to attend this training.
The MCTC Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates course will increase the student’s ability and skills to correctly - and successfully through safety protocols - identify, detect and seize synthetic opiates.
- Overview of the history of opiates and synthetic opiates
- Synthetic opiate recognition and variances (types)
- Officer and public safety concerns
- Opiate user recognition
- Synthetic opiate paraphernalia and lab recognition
- Regulatory handling requirements for synthetic opiates
- Nalaxone/Narcan employment
Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates is a 1 Day (8 Hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opiates.