Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
This course is designed to give Narcotic Officers the tools and resources that they need to assist them in developing and using drug informants. Officers will learn how: develop informant policy, use and manage informants, and insights into the pitfalls of agent, supervisor, and agency informant relationships.
- Drug Trafficking Organizations history and current trends
- Developing policy regarding the use and control of informants
- Informant; vetting, development, management, control, and use of informants
- Intel Planning and collection
- Agent/investigator/informant relationships
- Effective management and use of informants
- Narcotics crime scene management: report writing, evidence inventory
- Conducting consensual encounters and searches
- Basic drug enforcement operations
- Informants and surveillance
- Debriefing informants and the final analysis of working informants
Development, Management and Control of Drug Informants is a 3-day (24 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.